This web site (www.MentorNet.net) and its associated services are provided to you under these Terms of Service (referred to as the "TOS") and any amendments and supplements that may be posted to them by MentorNet, Inc. ("MentorNet").Your use of the web site shall be deemed to constitute your agreement to be bound by the terms of this TOS and shall be enforceable as if you had signed the TOS. If you are not willing to accept the terms and conditions of the TOS, we ask that you not use the web site.
In addition, when using particular MentorNet features, you and MentorNet agree to be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services that may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
From time to time, the TOS may be updated without notice to you. The most current version of the TOS is always available at www.mentornet.net/documents/other/policies/tos.aspx. If you do not agree to the changes in the TOS, please arrange to terminate your registration with MentorNet immediately by (i) notifying MentorNet of your unwillingness to accept the changes in the TOS and (ii) by discontinuing your use of the MentorNet web site.
Registration with MentorNet is required to access MentorNet’s community features. At registration you will be required to provide MentorNet with your first name, last name, and a valid email address. You will also be requested to provide us with optional information such as your address and phone number, educational background (status, institution of enrollment and degree level, if applicable), employment experience and status (employer name and job title, if applicable), professional society membership status (professional society name, if applicable), top field of experience/study, gender, age, citizenship and race/ethnicity. This information is collected to allow MentorNet to contact you and to allow MentorNet to collect demographic data about its participants, both for MentorNet internal use and in some cases, for release to our partners (please see MentorNet's Privacy Statement for detailed information on when personal data is shared). Under this TOS, you agree to provide true, accurate and up-to-date information. MentorNet has the right to suspend or terminate your membership if it learns or has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information that you have provided is inaccurate, false or misleading.
Registration and other data about you are subject to our Privacy Statement. For more information, please see www.mentornet.net/privacy_policy.aspx.
MentorNet reserves the right to terminate (i) these Terms of Service and/or (ii) your membership at its sole discretion, immediately and without notice, upon any breach of this TOS.
MentorNet may modify these TOS at any time at its sole discretion. Each time that you access the MentorNet web site, you will have been deemed to accept the TOS. MentorNet reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to notify you via email of changes to the TOS.
MentorNet reserves the right to modify or discontinue any portion of or all of the MentorNet web site without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party.
You will choose a username and password on registering to become a member of the MentorNet community. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and you agree to (i) immediately notify MentorNet of any breach of security and (ii) ensure that you sign out at the end of each session. MentorNet cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this section.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”) are the sole responsibility of the person with whom the Content originated. This means that you, and not MentorNet, are responsible for all Content that you disseminate or transmit via the MentorNet web site.
You agree that you will not use the web site in any way to:
- Disseminate or transmit Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, libelous, pornographic or invasive of another’s privacy
- Disseminate or transmit Content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any other party
- Disseminate or transmit any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail, or any other type of mass unsolicited email to people or entities who have not agreed to receive such materials
- Impersonate a MentorNet staff member, community member or other person or entity
- Stalk or harass another member
- Interfere with, disrupt or harm the web site or servers or networks connected to the web site
- Disseminate or transmit or make otherwise available any materials that contains software viruses, computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Collect or store personal data about other users
- Use the web site for illegal purposes, including, but not limited to, disseminating or transmitting illegal and illegally obtained materials
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogues, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the web site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges.
You acknowledge that MentorNet does not pre-screen Content, but that MentorNet reserves the right to immediately, without notice and at its sole discretion, refuse, move or delete any Content available via its web site, for any reason, including without limitation, Content that violates the TOS.
You acknowledge and agree that MentorNet may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is necessary to (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the TOS; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (iv) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MentorNet, its users and the public.
By posting Content to the web site, you (i) represent and warrant to MentorNet that you have all necessary permissions to disseminate or transmit content and (ii) grant to MentorNet a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, full sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
No portion of the MentorNet website or any of its subparts, including but not limited to: written content, structure, graphics, designs, algorithms, object code, source code, creative concepts or results, in whole or in part, may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from MentorNet.
You are hereby granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to view, copy and print one or several copies, and no more than several copies, of limited portions of the content retrieved from the web site for your personal, noncommercial purposes, provided that you do not remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices displayed on the content. You may not copy, reprint, modify, distribute, or sell content retrieved from the web site in any way, for any commercial or business use (including use by or for any non-profit entity) or provide it to any commercial or business (including to any non-profit entity), including other web sites, regardless of whether you receive compensation, without the prior written permission of MentorNet.
"MentorNet" and any and all logos used on this site in connection with the MentorNet name are trademarks of MentorNet (the "MentorNet Marks"). You may not display or use in any manner the MentorNet Marks without MentorNet's prior written permission.
You may not frame any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information on this web site without the express written consent of MentorNet. Except as expressly provided in the TOS, nothing contained in the Agreement or on the web site shall be construed as conferring any other license or right, expressly, by implication, by estoppel, or otherwise to any of MentorNet’s intellectual property rights or to any third party's intellectual property rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The MentorNet program is a program of the tax-exempt non-profit corporation, MentorNet, Inc. ("MentorNet").
1. MentorNet wants to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas between members. However, MentorNet cannot and does not review communications between members. MentorNet does not guaranty or endorse the accuracy of any information you may receive from other members.
2. You agree that you will participate in the MentorNet program in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold MentorNet, and each of its respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) relating to, or arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement, including those set forth at the Terms of Service, Participation Guidelines, Eligibility, What MentorNet Expects from Mentors/Students Who Participate and What You Can Expect from MentorNet.
3. You hereby agree to completely release MentorNet, and each of its respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from all claims, judgments, demands, liabilities, and actions that you may have arising out of, or in any way relating to, your participation in the MentorNet program. IN NO EVENT WILL MENTORNET BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE MENTORNET PROGRAM.
4. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver by either MentorNet or you of any term or condition of this agreement, whether by conduct or otherwise, shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition, or a waiver of any other term or condition of this agreement, including those set forth at Terms of Service, Participation Guidelines, Eligibility, What MentorNet Expects from Mentors/Students Who Participate and What You Can Expect from MentorNet.
The information on this site comes from a variety of sources and includes information that is subject to change without notice. MentorNet wants this information to be as up-to-date and accurate as possible, but we cannot guarantee and do not warrant that the information is accurate, complete, or current; that your access will be uninterrupted; or that material accessible from this site if free from viruses.
The site, including all content, software, and information made available on this site, and any information or services provided by MentorNet, are provided "as is." With respect to documents or data available from this server, MentorNet does not make -- and expressly disclaims -- any warranty, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. MentorNet also expressly disclaims any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness to MentorNet of any current or future content on this site, or provided by MentorNet. MentorNet further disclaims all liability arising from the content of any web sites linked or referred to by through the MentorNet web site. MentorNet provides no warranty as to any information or services provided and MentorNet is no way liable for any misinformation, conduct unbecoming or infringement of the rights of any person.
MentorNet is committed to preserving the confidentiality of information provided to it by applicants to and participants in its program. MentorNet cautions all applicants and participants, however, that it shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages, whether under any contract, strict liability or other theory, arising out of or in connection with any breaches of security or other failure involving this site or MentorNet's internal systems, or resulting from any viruses or other code that may affect any applicant's or participant's equipment, data or other property, as a result of using of this site.